Who We Are
WOW is a nonprofit 501 (c) 3 with special consultative status at the United Nations through the Economic and Social Counsel as an NGO (Non-Governmental Organization.)
We partner with many other pro-family organizations on the local, state, national and international levels.
WOW has a history of advocating for:
- The Natural Family
- Religious Liberty & Religious Tolerance
- The Right To Life At Every Stage Of Human Development
- Maternal Health
- The Proper Role Of Government
Our mission is to bring all women to the understanding of their divine worth and influence upon society. Furthermore, we seek to strengthen, support, and unite women and men of faith in order to create a peaceful environment that values the sanctity of human life, preserves the natural family, and fosters the worship of God.
We believe in the divine worth and attributes of all women and acknowledge and value the inherent power women possess as an influence for good in the home, marriage, family, and community.
We connect and educate women and men of faith, uniting their influence to promote and advocate for the natural family and defend against social policy that weakens the natural family at the local, national, and international levels.
The following are time-honored principles that we support and which will help fulfill our mission.
1. Divine Power: We believe that God is the Omnipotent Creator of the universe. He is the divine source who leads us to inner peace, spiritual fulfillment, and loving relationships with Him and with all mankind.
2. Family: We recognize the natural family as the oldest human institution and the basic unit of society. The security of nations and the survival of civilization depend upon the strength of individual families worldwide.
3. Marriage: We believe in the sanctity of legal and lawful marriage between a man and woman. This union is necessary for the well-being and protection of children, the family and society.
4. Parenthood: We respect and support the role of parents in providing for the spiritual, physical, intellectual, social and emotional needs of their children and teaching them moral principles.
5. Human Life: We affirm that human life is sacred at all stages of development and must be honored and protected.
6. Motherhood: We encourage women of all ages to gain the knowledge, skills, wisdom, and confidence necessary to assume their role as the heart of the home. We honor and recognize the enduring value of a nurturing mother, and her essential impact for good on society.
7. Fatherhood: We encourage men of all ages to obtain the knowledge, skills, wisdom, and confidence necessary to assume their role as honorable leaders, proficient providers, and loving husbands and fathers in their homes and families.
8. Extended Family: We acknowledge the contributions and experience of loving grandparents and other extended family members as a positive influence and stabilizing support for families.
9. Equality and Differences: We view the gender and roles of men and women as being divinely appointed and equal but having different responsibilities that reflect their unique roles in the family and society.
10. Education: We promote the formal and informal education of men, women, and children as essential for personal growth and fulfillment, and for the development of skills and talents, thereby strengthening the family and society.
11. Service: We advocate for the involvement of individuals and families in volunteer service to strengthen communities and society.
12. Government: We recognize that governments exist to protect individuals against injustice upon life, liberty, or property.
13. National Sovereignty: We acknowledge the sovereign status of nations and honor the rule of law. We also recognize that the rightful purpose of law is to protect individuals against injustice upon their inalienable rights of life, liberty, and property. This protects “sovereignty in the people”, the basis of representative, constitutional government.
14. Public Policy and Law: We urge men and women to be an informed, involved, positive influence on issues and laws that protect family values.
Elected Board of Directors:
President: Nicholeen Peck
VP: Phyllis Kimpel
VP WOW Africa: Carol Ugochukwu
VP International Affairs: Yvonne Averett
Treasurer: Yvonne Averett
Secretary: Dana Cooper
Other Board Members:
Head of Communication: Tepoerava Ka’aumoana
WOW Latin America: Jose & Jacky Aponte
Head of fundraising and WOW Kenya: Jenipher Otieno
Head of Humanitarian Services: Melanie Hansen
Utah Legislature Liaison: Kursten Mason
Klarissa Newman & Drennan Baker